How To Use Your Style Program
This program has been designed to help you identify your best clothing and accessories styles. It contains photos of current garments and accessories however it is essentially a style guide and as such should not be misinterpreted as a recommendation or commentary on current fashion trends.
The following information has been created to help you get the most benefit from the information contained in your personal program.
- Go through your wardrobe: Identifying the items you seldom wear. Use the information in your program to work out what aspect of the garment does not suit you. Maybe it's the wrong shape, length, collar, pattern etc. By taking the time to do this exercise you'll become clear about which items to avoid in the future.
- Use the information to become familiar with what suits you. When shopping first look at the shape of the garment and then work downwards through the garment (collars, sleeve length, pockets etc) to discover if they have the qualities you need.
- If necessary, have alterations attended to. Most stores provide this service, and you can be assured that they will be using a good quality alteration service as their reputation is at stake.
- Compromises: Sometimes you will have to compromise when purchasing a garment. While this is to be expected, never compromise with the area around your face or shoulders, as this is the area that people notice first. The fit of your collar/neckline and shoulders all needs to be perfect. Next, check that the garment is the correct length - if it is too long or too short you can be left looking less than your best. If these aspects of your garment are correct, you may decide to purchase the garment even if it has a few minor features that are not recommended for you e.g., the style of pocket.
- Color also counts for the success or failure of a garment and as such we highly recommend that you take the time to have a personal color consultation.
- Personal Style Expression: Everyman develops his own personal style expression over time. Personal style is how we outwardly dress to display who we are inwardly. For some men, it's a classic look, while others enjoy being the centre of attention with dramatic clothes, and still, others feel at home looking sporty/natural. This program has not presumed any particular personal style for you. While every man has a style of dress he is most comfortable with, certain situations will call for another style.
- Personal style is ever-evolving and how you once expressed yourself in clothing may not be who you are today. Therefore, to exclude styles because of an individual's personal style expression may limit the versatility of the program. All styles recommended for you, suit your physical shape. If you do not like a style, it may be because it does not meet your style expression. When this is the case, simply ignore the style.
- Individual Style Areas: In every section of your program, the item named in the heading is all that the information is referring to. For example, in the ‘Casual Collars' area, a Polo collar may be displayed in a garment that has long or short sleeves, is patterned or solid coloured. Only the collar is being recommended. For information on sleeves, color, pattern etc you'll need to consult that section of your program.
- The images provided in your style program are just one of the many forms each style may take. As an example, a sweater can have any number of different necklines, lengths, pockets, sleeves, pattern, texture etc. You will need to check the suitability of each area of a garment to ensure it meets your needs. With a little practice, you'll be able to judge a garment's suitability for you in just a few seconds. Shopping will become faster, more fun and you'll love the results and compliments.
- Garment Classification: Any garment that is deemed suitable for you will be accompanied by the following information:
- An overall SUITABILITY RATING: 'Superior', 'Acceptable', 'Good Only If' and 'Avoid'
- A general DESCRIPTION of the garment, style element or accessory
- Additional RECOMMENDATIONS specifically for you. Please Note: All styles that are in the 'Avoid' area of your program will be accompanied with a notation explaining what part of your profile made this style unsuitable; e.g., This style does not suit you due to your Neck Length.
- Should you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact your consultant or use the Contact Us link.